We want to create a recycling/disassembly/donation center for the community and all organizations, to increase Michigan’s recycling, while creating a circular economy/Triple bottom line and providing employment opportunities for those in need.
- Create a center that can disassemble consumer goods to capture materials to be upcycled, or recycled. By creating this process we can give companies a process to capture their own materials to use back in their manufacturing processes.
- Create the center to capture materials and give all non-profits access to this material for free to help their cause along with quality donated goods
- Creating an outlet for non-profits as a next step to train labor for quality job placement.
- Creating an option for all size organizations (including businesses, nonprofits, faith organizations, individuals, and educational institutions) to be able to recycle almost anything for zero to no more cost than they are spending today. All this and being completely transparent with all expenses and revenue of their materials. This does include picking up materials from organizations.
- Create an opportunity for places like Mel Trotter, Goodwill, and the Holland Rescue Mission among many others, to send people to be trained in a manufacturing setting to help them find better employment and make a living.
- By focusing on recycling we will distribute donations and electronics at zero cost to places like Comprenew, Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity, and any other non-profits that need quality re-sellable donations. This will help further their missions.
- Below Are a list of needs to help us get off the ground in 2017
- Location or donations to secure the location
- A Lift Truck/HiLo
- Two Balers for the recycling materials.
- Delivery Truck with lift gate.
- Pallet Jacks
- Large Scale to Weigh all materials for accurate reporting
- Computers and office printer
- Financial Donations
For the -entire business plan or more information E-mail Dan@greenmichigan.org or text to 616-638-0670